I had a wonderful weekend hanging out with my Mother. We went for a long hike, drank green smoothies, and had a crab feast. I got a little off track with my clean eating, and broke a few of my no bread after 2pm and late night snacking rules. Surprisingly I’m not beating myself up, I really hope that part of my life is over. I’m trying to find some levity and clarity with my diet. Less scrutiny about what I put into my mouth would make me a lot happier. Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed.
I spent 4 hours last night creating the herb and spice poster I used for my Nutrition Challenge. It came out great but who knew it was going to take that long. Once I was 2 hours in I didn’t want to give up but a smarter person might have. I’m all over herbs and spices this week and want to keep this subject fun and interesting. I ran across some amusing facts that I had to share with all of you.
- Trinidad Moruga Scorpion chili, the worlds hottest chili pepper can burn its way through latex gloves – source
- Ancient Greeks and Romans believed basil would only grow if you screamed wild curses and shouted while sowing the seeds – source
- The Cinnamon Challenge is dangerous and can cause lunge damage – source
- Turmeric (found in curry powder) has exceptional effects on Alzheimer’s symptoms, it currently outperforms all known Alzheimer’s drugs – source
- Fenugreek promotes lactation in nursing mothers and makes your sweat and pee smell like maple syrup – source
- Most wasabi sold in the US is just horseradish with food coloring – source
- Before electricity there were Spice Clocks – a clock that opened a different compartment of spices each hour so people walking at night could taste the time before going back to sleep – source
- Cilantro and Coriander Leaves are the same thing – source
All facts obtained here
Peace & Love,