Hi, everyone! I’m Ashley, and I run the fashion and lifestyle blog Happy. Pretty. Sweet. I was so excited when Mary contacted me about swapping posts and am happy to talk about one of my favorite things – fashion trends!
If you’re like me, you can’t buy a completely new wardrobe every season. However, a few key purchases can update your wardrobe and have you looking Pinterest-worthy in no time.
7 Stylish Pieces You Need This Spring
1. Pom Poms – These happy little balls are popping up everywhere from tops and bags to scarves and shoes. These suede caged gladiator sandals with pom-poms from J. Crew update the lace up shoe trend by adding colorful pom poms.
2. Embellished Denim – Denim is having a moment. Paint splattered. Bedazzled. Embroidered. Embellished denim is all about standing out from the crowd. These Mid Rise Rose Patch Embellished Ankle Denim Legging from Express would look great with a simple top and a pair of boots.
3. Crossbody Bag – Going hands free is easy when you’re wearing a crossbody bag. A round mini bag, like this T-Shirt & Jeans Round Laser-Cut Crossbody Bag from Kohl’s, is unexpected but won’t distract from your outfit.
4. Bomber Jacket – While the temperatures are still cool, reach for a statement making jacket like this Embroidered Ma1 Bomber Jacket from Topshop. It’s the perfect topper for a jeans and tee look and has a major cool factor.
5. Tassels – Friend of the pom pom, tassels are not to be ignored. Whether you clip on a tassel bag charm or wear a playful necklace, like this Pom And Tassel Cluster Pendant Necklace from Express, tassels are begging for a place in your wardrobe.
6. Pleated Skirt – Street style stars have long been fans of the pleated midi skirt. It can be dressed up with a blouse and heels or worn with a sweatshirt and sneakers for a casual look. This faux-leather pleated midi skirt from J. Crew would be perfect for going from day to night.
7. Trumpet Sleeves – Updating your wardrobe for spring can be as easy as adding a new top into your wardrobe mix. Trumpet sleeves, like on this Trumpet Sleeve Blouse from Topshop, make a simple top into something that’s anything but basic. If you’re feeling daring, look for an off the shoulder top with trumpet sleeves. Nothing says fashion forward like two trends done well at once.